Wednesday, August 24, 2011


Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Proverbs 3:5-6
 
Trust in the Lord. Even if it doesn’t seem to make sense, follow the leading of the Lord according to His Word.

When I went skydiving, a man on the ground held a big arrow that he turned to show which way the wind was blowing and which way we were to go to catch it. I remember that when I regained consciousness after jumping out of the plane, I saw the guy turning the arrow. But I thought his direction was wrong, that he was leading me into a power line. His direction didn’t make sense to me. Do I follow the arrow? I wondered. Or do I follow my own judgment? For a moment, I ignored the arrow. And then I thought I better follow it. So follow it I did - flying right over the power lines and landing in the right spot.

It’s tempting to think we know more than the arrow. It’s tempting to think, “Well, Lord, I know I’m not to lean on my own understanding. I know I’m to trust You. But what You’re doing doesn’t seem to make sense.” At that point, we have a decision to make - whether to follow the arrow or to do our own thing.

How I encourage you to follow the arrow, gang. Even if you can’t figure it out, follow the leading of the Lord according to His Word. You’ll dodge the deadly power lines of the wicked and land right in the center of the field every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment