Thursday, May 2, 2013

The whole family is saved from the famished condition of where they were previously and has been called to live with Joseph in a land of luxury. I personally believe the Lord wants to save entire families. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ,” Paul said to the Philippian jailor, “and you will be saved - and your house” (see Acts 16:31). This doesn’t mean the whole family is automatically saved if the parent is a believer. But it does mean that a believing father or mother can expect the Lord to work in the rest of the family as he or she is obedient to the Word.

I’m simple enough to expect that my kids and grandchildren, should the Lord tarry, will travel with me, to be with the greater than Joseph - Jesus Christ - in the mansion He is preparing for us.

This note was left on my windshield yesterday . . .

I was so glad to see your car here, Brother Jon. I have the opportunity to share with you some wonderful news. While visiting my mother a few months ago, I accidentally left a set of tapes at her house. The tapes were of services I had missed from our current Genesis study. Now my mother thought I had left them there with hopes of converting her. But it truly was a mistake. I had really wanted to listen to them myself. But God is so faithful. For whatever reason, Mom started listening to the tapes, and she accepted Jesus as her Savior and is going to be baptized this Sunday in a church in Kennewick, Washington. My mother is saved. She’s saved, she’s saved! God used this chain of events just for her, and I couldn’t be happier. 

That’s not coincidence. That’s providence! Grandpa, believe it. Mom, don’t doubt it. Parents, lay hold of it. Believe that the Lord will work in your family.
 
This Daily Devotional is an excerpt from the book "A Pillar By Day" by Pastor Jon. "A Pillar By Day" is a collection of 365 short devotions from the Old Testament books of Genesis through Deuteronomy.

No comments:

Post a Comment