Saturday, January 28, 2012


And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. And they began to be sorrowful, and to say unto him one by one, Is it I? and another said, Is it I?




True humility is always the result of true intimacy with Jesus Christ. If I am close to the Lord at any given moment, rather than boasting of my greatness, I’ll be aware of my weakness and His graciousness. 

‘Woe unto you,’ said Isaiah the prophet to all of the nations round about Israel in Chapters 1-5 of the book which bears his name. But when he saw the Lord high and lifted up, he said, ‘Woe is me,’ (Isaiah 6:5).

If we are those who are either overtly or secretly saying, ‘Woe to you; woe to you; woe to you,’ it’s probably because we haven’t seen the Lord as clearly as we should, for once we see Him, we see how sinful and unworthy we are ourselves and find ourselves joining the disciples in asking, ‘Is it I, Lord? Could I be the one who sells You out? Could I be the one who turns my back? Could I be the one who walks away?

No comments:

Post a Comment